Thursday, March 4, 2010

Weekly Update

Last week we went to the library to get some books. Finley was on the hunt for Dora the Explorer books. We asked the librarian where they were and as soon as we found them she was ready to check out and take them home to read. Her mom had designated this penguin bag for her library books. She had been dragging it and I told her to wear it on her back like Dora wears her backpack. She immediately put it on and was SO proud that she had a backpack too!! I had to grab a quick snapshot of how cute she looked- I don't want her to rush off to school or anything quite yet, but HOW adorable and grown up does she look!??






Friday we had a play date at Ava's house. This was Finley's first time going over there- and she loved it. She cried when I told her we had to leave!! They had a great time playing with all the toys. They baked in the kitchen, played in the playroom, played with Elmo, and just got into everything they could!!








Monday we all went to Palmetto Park to play on Monday. The weather was better out and was were ready to be outside.
We played on the playground then walked this little path to a really big area with slides and an observation deck. When we walked the path through the trees, Finley said "We're going into the JUNGLE". Ahh, precious little minds.
We had the place all to ourselves and went on the slides over and over again. They were really fast and curvy, and I might have been a little scared, but we had a blast!! There was a tunnel you had to crawl through to get from the stairs to the slide and Finley started doing an army crawl, elbows and all. So cute- I don't think she realized she had plenty of room to crawl normally!













Today we went to the Children's museum. We walked in and were handed a princess crown and went to the Castle to watch a play being put on some College of Charleston students-they were performing the Princess and the Pea. They were super cute and engaging with all the children watching. I tried to get some pictures, but my battery died :( I did manage to get a cute one on my phone of Ava and Finley in their crowns.





She has an Excellent memory and attention span. She sat through the whole play and was focused in!! Then, when we got home later that afternoon I asked her about it. I asked her what the princesses were wearing then what the prince was wearing. She said "hat and feather". I was impressed.


Ava and Finley went to decorate their princess crowns in the art room after the show. Such cuties!!




I hope everyone has had a great week and has a relaxing weekend. I will leave you with Jameson, the cutest sweetest baby ever. His shirt says it all. He is LOVED LOVED LOVED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment