This morning, we had plans to go play at a friend's neighborhood playground.
1. It was too cold.
2. Finley wasn't feeling like herself.
3. The little girl was sick and called to cancel.
So I thought it would be fun to go get Finley a toy to play with.
So we head to the Dollar Tree, where everything is a dollar.
Why? Because I am on a nanny's salary and because kid's don't know the difference.
A toy is a toy.
Case in point-our day went like this:
C-"Finley, we are going to get a toy".
F-"What should we get, what kind?"
C-"I don't know, what would you like?"
F-"Maybe a small Christmas Bird."
C- "???? Okay, that sounds nice."
So off we go to the dollar store and first she sees all the Christmas goodies.
She grabs this and says, "Look it is a Christmas stick, we can get some and suck them."
Sure we could. But let's keep looking.
Look, you can paint the princesses!
This is what I want.
Then she put it back-clearly overwhelmed in having to choose just one thing.
(I ended up getting it anyways and she had so much fun painting)
She walks around the corner and screams- literally- a couple parents turned to nod and acknowledge that she is the cutest girl (something we already knew)
and says "THERE ARE SOOO MANY TOYS IN HERE."
Hah. So we took our sweet time going down the aisles, quite the shopper, that girl.
AND THEN, we saw it.
On the shelf amidst all the other porcelain "treasures"
Her Christmas Bird.
Sitting on a pinecone.
It.Was.Perfect.
hah :)
This beautiful piece is now happily settled down on her bedside table.
No comments:
Post a Comment